Tuesday 1 January 2013

Teaser Tuesday: If You Find Me

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading and slightly altered by Coffee, Books & Lipgloss


Basically a CBL TEASER TUESDAY works like this:
• Grab your current read
• Share 2 “teaser” sentences from a random page or a part you rather enjoyed and post it as a teaser.
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share
doesn’t give too much away; you don’t want to ruin the book for others!
• As an option, you can give a short snippet of what you think so far... or not. That's optional.
• Share the TITLE and AUTHOR too, so that other participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser.



For this week's Teaser Tuesday: *drum roll*


 If You Find Me   
Title: If You Find Me
Author: Emily Murdoch
Publication Date: March 26, 2013
Purchase: Amazon | B&N | TBD

Synopsis: There are some things you can’t leave behind…

A broken-down camper hidden deep in a national forest is the only home fifteen year-old Carey can remember. The trees keep guard over her threadbare existence, with the one bright spot being Carey’s younger sister, Jenessa, who depends on Carey for her very survival. All they have is each other, as their mentally ill mother comes and goes with greater frequency. Until that one fateful day their mother disappears for good, and two strangers arrive. Suddenly, the girls are taken from the woods and thrust into a bright and perplexing new world of high school, clothes and boys.

Now, Carey must face the truth of why her mother abducted her ten years ago, while haunted by a past that won’t let her go… a dark past that hides many a secret, including the reason Jenessa hasn’t spoken a word in over a year. Carey knows she must keep her sister close, and her secrets even closer, or risk watching her new life come crashing down.


Teaser:
"I was lucky I turned red early. There were no more hands after I turned red."

Thoughts so far:

This book is heartbreaking. It's compelling, poignant and realistic. I feel like I'm walking on eggshells, waiting for something big that might happen to Carey while reading it. I don't think I can put this down. This needs to be finished without interruption.



You can hop on to the next link for more teasers:

6 comments:

  1. Oooh... I like books that give you reactions like you experiencing. I'm going to add it to my TBR list. Thanks and Happy New Year :)
    Laurynne From Coffee, Books & Lipgloss

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this book around and I was thinking it sounded very intense. Thanks for sharing. New follower by the way from Heather's Book Chatter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!If You Find Me sounds like a great page turner!Definitely adding it to my TBR.Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year! :)

    Nuzaifa @ Say It With Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like I've found another book to keep me busy!
    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart goes out to the characters in this book. This is really great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to put it on my TBR list :) I did a teaser tuesday yesterday, can you check it out? thanks!

      Delete