Friday 4 January 2013

Review: Rock Me

Rock Me (Ross Siblings, #2)   
Author: Cherrie Lynn
My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars
Purchase: Amazon | B&N | TBD

Synopsis: Loving him couldn’t be worse than losing him. Could it?

Candace Andrews has had enough of pleasing others. In an act of birthday rebellion, she sets out to please herself—by walking into the tattoo parlor owned by her cousin’s ex-boyfriend. All she wants is a little ink, and Brian’s just the guy to give it to her.


As soon as she submits to his masterful hands, though, the forbidden attraction she’s always felt for him resurfaces…and she realizes the devilishly sexy artist could give her so much more.


Sweet, innocent Candace is the last person Brian expected to see again. She’s everything he’s not, and her family despises him. He doesn’t need the hassle, but he needs her, and this time no one is taking her away. Not even those who threaten to make his life a living hell.


Backed into a corner, Candace faces the worst kind of choice. Cave in to those who think Brian is a living nightmare…or hold her ground and risk it all for the one man who rocks her world.

Review:

"I hear it all the time. But I'd rather look back and regret something I did when I was young and crazy, than look back and regret something I never had the courage to do, and realize it's too late." - Brian

Am I the only one who can't imagine Brian with long hair? If I do, I seriously see Jacob Black. But despite that, I just love Brian. Despite how he is with his family, I can see how sweet he really is. He's been the one who balanced Candace irritating indecision.

I get how controlling the Andrews were but I really can't see how Candace has some doubts about standing up for her decisions. She's already 22 and I really expect a lot from her other than her little rebellion when she got her tattoo.

Other than Candace's behavior, my only problem was how fast Brian seem to fall for her. I get how Candace had feelings for her even when he was still dating her cousin. But I can't get how he could love her while dating her cousin--or even have feelings for her. If he has feelings for her, he should have dated her instead, not Michelle.

But all in all, this was just HOT. It screams sexy and steamy, and for the love of god, I am insanely curious about Brian's apadravya. I'm pretty sure everyone is. I love how it wasn't dragging despite the drama with the Andrews. I haven't read the first book but this just makes me want to read it. I wanna read more about young Brian but above all, I am curious with Evan and Kelsey. I enjoyed reading both of them and I love Kelsey and how she is with Brian.

I definitely enjoyed reading this. I just wish the cover gave more justice to Brian.