Saturday 17 November 2012

Review: The Marriage Mistake

 The Marriage Mistake (Marriage to a Billionare, #3)   
Author: Jennifer Probst
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Purchase: Amazon | B&N | TBD

Synopsis: Carina Conte has had a crush on her brother Michael’s best friend, Max Gray, since she was a teenager. Now she’s earned her MBA and come to work at Michael’s new venture, America’s fastest-growing bakery empire. But some things never change: her family still treats her like a child. With three drop-dead gorgeous siblings, she’s still the ugly duckling of the bunch. And Max, the company’s new CEO, still barely notices her.

Max knows Carina Conte is strictly off limits. But hot-blooded lust wins out at a conference when the two share a scorching one-night stand—and are busted by her mother! Now, forced by old-world Italian tradition into a marriage he’s not ready for, Max is miserable—and Carina is furious. Her new husband is about to realize that hell hath no fury like a woman transformed…

Review:
"A one-night stand just wasn't worth it. Not even with a woman who soothed his soul and made him crave to be a better man."


Is this the last? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah. My favourite book among the three. I wish there's more but this is a cute finale to the series (if it is). Now I think I need to believe with those love spells and Mother Earth voodoo talk.

The previous book gave us a glimpse about Carina and I love how this book showed us her growth to maturity. I love how Probst teased with the sexual tension and didn't immediately jumped into action. I also find Max better than the two guys. I find his character interesting, with all the back story about his father issues.

Also it was fun to read more about the protagonists from the previous books more than they were mentioned in The Marriage Trap. And of course, I love Mama Conte and her impeccable eye for true love.

I like how the characters in this book seem to have a similarity in one way or another with the previous ones but still uniquely different.

I'm definitely looking forward to read more of Probst.