Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading and slightly altered by Coffee, Books & Lipgloss
Basically a CBL TEASER TUESDAY works like this:
• Grab your current read• Share 2 “teaser” sentences from a random page or a part you rather enjoyed and post it as a teaser.• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you sharedoesn’t give too much away; you don’t want to ruin the book for others!• As an option, you can give a short snippet of what you think so far... or not. That's optional.• Share the TITLE and AUTHOR too, so that other participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser.
For this week's Teaser Tuesday: *drum roll*
Author: Amy Spalding
Publication Date: February 5, 2013
Purchase: Amazon | B&N | TBD
Synopsis: Things I know about Reece Malcolm:
1. She graduated from New York University.
2. She lives in or near Los Angeles.
3. Since her first novel was released, she’s been on the New York Times bestseller list every week.
4. She likes strong coffee and bourbon.
5. She’s my mother.
Devan knows very little about Reece Malcolm, until the day her father dies and she’s shipped off to live with the mother she’s never met. All she has is a list of notebook entries that doesn’t add up to much.
L.A. offers a whole new world to Devan—a performing arts school allows her to pursue her passion for show choir and musicals, a new circle of friends helps to draw her out of her shell, and an intriguing boy opens up possibilities for her first love.
But then the Reece Malcolm list gets a surprising new entry. Now that Devan is so close to having it all, can she handle the possibility of losing everything?
"Here at New City, I'll be Devan Malcolm. I'm not some girl missing part of who she is with a weird secret unknown mom. Maybe here I can try being normal."
Thoughts so far:
I enjoy reading Devan and her mother. There are obviously sad and heartbreaking parts describing their relationship but it doesn't feel depressing at all. I love how the author wraps it with humor that you can enjoy but won't let you miss any emotions. I can see that I will love this book.
You can hop on to the next link for more teasers: