Wednesday 28 March 2012

Review: Catching Jordan

 Catching Jordan (Hundred Oaks, #1)   
Author: Miranda Kenneally
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Purchase: Amazon | B&N | TBD

Synopsis: ONE OF THE BOYS


What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though-she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university.



But everything she's ever worked for is threatened when Ty Green moves to her school. Not only is he an amazing QB, but he's also amazingly hot. And for the first time, Jordan's feeling vulnerable. Can she keep her head in the game while her heart's on the line?



Review:

[with mild spoilers]


The moment Ty arrived at their school, I was like "Of course, they'd be together." Just like some cliche plots where a new kid comes and he/she will have a love-hate relationship with the protagonist and eventually, love will win. But this is anything but cliche. This is amazing.

The whole time I was reading this book, I was silently cheering for Henry even though I know it's a lost cost because of Ty. I had my mind set that Jordan and Ty will get together until the end but maybe experience some bumps along the way. What made me root for Henry till the end, I have no idea but I'm glad I did.

This actually made me want to have a best friend, a guy best friend and have the same friendship as Jordan and Henry. I love how he looks after her and knows what she likes and doesn't like. I love that he knows she can handle things on her own and let's her do her thing.

I love how it's not only centered about the teens' relationship and their lives outside school and everything else to make it seem complicated. I like the touch of sport here. Kenneally did an amazing job with this book given that I don't love football, yet I'm engrossed with this. I don't even understand any of that sport but she got my interest and won't let me put the book down.