Saturday 31 March 2012

Review: Geek Girl

Geek Girl

Author: Cindy C. Bennett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Purchase: Amazon | B&N | TBD

Synopsis: "Think I can turn that boy bad?"

17-year-old Jen turns her life upside down when, out of boredom, she makes a bet that she can turn school geek Trevor into someone like her. Instead, the goth girl finds herself sucked into his world of sci-fi movies, charity work, and even-ugh!-bowling. To truly belong with him-and with her new foster family-she must first come to terms with her violent past.


Review:


This is one of those cliché books you'd still love no matter how much you can predict how it would end. It's beautifully written, amazing composition, witty and lovable characters and the protagonist guy can swoon you no matter how geeky he is.

It actually made me feel light during Jen and Trevor's moments, made me feel loved during those scenes where Jen's foster parents would reach out to her and made me feel nauseous upon learning what happened to Jen before. It has a good balance between the positive and negative and does not only focus on Jen and Trevor's relationship with each other but as well as to other secondary characters.

The only thing I sort of disliked here is how some things weren't given much emphasis after Trevor knew about the bet. The build up of the relationship was actually nice and I was expecting for a total swoon moment for them to get together.

Criticisms aside, this book made me laugh and made sympathize the characters on how messed up their lives were, no matter how big or small their problem is.