Thursday 27 March 2014

[Video] Review: The Beginning of Everything

The Beginning of Everything
Title: The Beginning of Everything
Author: Robyn Schneider
My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Purchase: Amazon | B&N | TBD

Golden boy Ezra Faulkner believes everyone has a tragedy waiting for them—a single encounter after which everything that really matters will happen. His particular tragedy waited until he was primed to lose it all: in one spectacular night, a reckless driver shatters Ezra’s knee, his athletic career, and his social life.

No longer a front-runner for Homecoming King, Ezra finds himself at the table of misfits, where he encounters new girl Cassidy Thorpe. Cassidy is unlike anyone Ezra’s ever met, achingly effortless, fiercely intelligent, and determined to bring Ezra along on her endless adventures.

But as Ezra dives into his new studies, new friendships, and new love, he learns that some people, like books, are easy to misread. And now he must consider: if one’s singular tragedy has already hit and everything after it has mattered quite a bit, what happens when more misfortune strikes? 

Robyn Schneider’s The Beginning of Everything is a lyrical, witty, and heart-wrenching novel about how difficult it is to play the part that people expect, and how new beginnings can stem from abrupt and tragic endings.


Review:

Recently, I've decided that it's time to participate in life. It's time to get out of my comfort zone and try new things. Here is one of the new things I want to try: video blogging. I am honestly scared of this but it's time to stay away from the sidelines and jump right in.

“I think that everyone's life, no matter how unremarkable, has a singular tragic encounter after which everything that really matters will happen.”

I expected this to be about Ezra's journey towards finding himself, other than being the popular guy. I expected this to be cutesy with possible heartbreaking scenes but still cute. But what the fuck was that ending? Does my copy lack a chapter? Because mine ended at chapter 33 and page 335, and reaching it didn't felt like the end. I WANT MORE.

To be honest, I am not sure if I did this video book review thing right but here's more about the book:



I just realized that I tend to lean my head to the left. Ha. New discovery! Haha.


Please please please feel free to comment below about this video. Tips, advice, concerns, whatever.. I promise not to stutter and talk a bit faster in the future (in case I do this again).











Robyn Schneider is a writer, actor, and online personality who misspent her youth in a town coincidentally similar to Eastwood. Robyn is a graduate of Columbia University, where she studied creative writing, and the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, where she studied medical ethics. She is also the author of the middle grade Knightley Academy books, written as Violet Haberdasher. She lives in Los Angeles, California, but also on the internet. You can watch her vlogs at youtube.com/robynisrarelyfunny and follow her on Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook and Instagram.