Saturday 20 April 2013

The Maze Runner Movie

You probably know about this already, but I just found out this morning that The Maze Runner by James Dashner will have a movie adaptation. I will spare you from me talking about the amazing book with a disappointing ending but if I do, feel free to stop me. Anyway, if you're not familiar with this novel here's its Goodreads bits.


The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1)
Title: The Maze Runner (Maze Runner #1)
Author: James Dashner

Synopsis: When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his first name. His memory is blank. But he’s not alone. When the lift’s doors open, Thomas finds himself surrounded by kids who welcome him to the Glade—a large, open expanse surrounded by stone walls.

Just like Thomas, the Gladers don’t know why or how they got to the Glade. All they know is that every morning the stone doors to the maze that surrounds them have opened. Every night they’ve closed tight. And every thirty days a new boy has been delivered in the lift.

Thomas was expected. But the next day, a girl is sent up—the first girl to ever arrive in the Glade. And more surprising yet is the message she delivers. 

Thomas might be more important than he could ever guess. If only he could unlock the dark secrets buried within his mind.



We all know that movie adaptation tends to butcher some of our favourite novels and cut those scenes which are dear to us. As to why, I still have no idea. But with this, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for them to change the ending. There I go again, with my ending rant.

As first announced on Deadline, this movie will be directed by Wes Ball with the script written by Noah Oppenheim  (redrafted by Grant Myers and then T.S. Nowlin). Also, to Teen Wolf fan's happiness Dylan O'Brien got the role of Thomas. I honestly haven't seen him except for The First Time with Britt Robertson and I don't know but he looks really pretty for Thomas. But well, surprise me movie people!

Will Poulter, Aml Ameen, Thomas Brodie-Sangster and Ki Hong Lee were also casted as Gally, Alby, Newt and Minho. But what I am excited about is seeing Kaya Scodelario as Teresa. I know, I'm pretty biased about this because it's Kaya but come on, pinned for her as Katniss. It's nice to finally see her as the character in one of the books I loved liked, but I'm wondering what will they do with her accent.

As excited as I am glad to wait for February 14th next year because I'd love for this movie to recreate the amazing world of Glade. Yup, I was pretty mind blown by it despite having a hard time picturing it out at first. I hope this movie is as action-packed as the book. For more, here's The Maze Runner's IMDB page.

Rooting for this to be yay! What about you?