Tuesday 21 January 2014

Review: Picturing Perfect

Picturing Perfect (Love of My Life, #3)
Title: Picturing Perfect (Love of My Life #3)
Author: Melissa Brown
My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Purchase: Amazon | B&N | TBD

Life may not turn out like we planned, but sometimes that’s what makes it perfect…

Hadley Foster has always been a planner. But, since the age of nineteen, things haven’t exactly gone according to plan… not at all. And the changes continue to mount when a trip to Europe with her best friend starts a domino effect in all aspects of her life. Suddenly, the future she had envisioned for herself seems unlikely to happen. It’s time to make a new plan… or accept the dominoes as they fall.

Jason Kelly has a great life. He’s a successful self-published writer who’s living his dreams. But, something is missing. Hadley Foster. Letting her slip through his fingers is one of his biggest regrets. Over time, he had to accept the idea of being without his first love as he watched her fall in love with someone else.

When circumstances bring Jason and Hadley back into one another’s lives, they’re forced to deal with their past, their present and the possibility of a future together.

Review:
“Once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life…love gives us a fairy tale.” 

I liked Jason in Champagne Toast and was certainly looking forward to read his story. Based on my reading experience in Champagne Toast, I also prepared myself to be surprised with a wave of emotion—big wave, actually—but surprisingly, this didn’t happen. Picturing Perfect was not packed with drama, issues and tears. It was mild but it didn’t lessen its appeal to me. The story was still perfectly executed and was told in engagingly. 

Typically, I like guys with tortured souls or guys who turned bad due to whatever history they have. But I can’t not love Jason. Jason was almost perfect. He’s the guy your parents would love to meet and could easily be the guy of your dreams. He’s sweet, thoughtful, understanding and knows how to show a girl a good time. But as I said, he’s just almost perfect. He had also made mistakes and had moments of being irrational. But he has a huge and pure heart and how he cares and loves Marty and Hadley was just amazing. His sweet acts weren’t overboard. It was just as if it’s his nature to act sweet and cheesy. 

Hadley.. I knew that all her planning will never go well but what I admired in her was her strength to survive the situation no matter how helpless she may be. She was also the sweetest with her friends and clients—obviously has a huge and pure heart just like Jason. I love the scenes she has with her clients and how she was with them when they’re struggling. What Tucker did to her was such a douche move but I love how she was still open to the idea of him being a part of Marty’s life. 

I love the flashbacks and how Jason’s feelings for her and everything tied to it was slowly revealed. The scenes had the high school vibe in them, which was cute and realistic, given the situation. As I was reading it, I realized that it was nice how these two didn’t get into a relationship when they were in their teenage years. The feelings may have been mutual but college and the circumstances might tear them apart. This was definitely the right moment for Jason and Hadley. 

I cannot wait to read Auden’s story. I was quite worried about her sketchy act in this book and I cannot wait to get to know her.